Hi there! I'm thrilled that you'd like to contribute to this project. Your help is essential for keeping it great.
Submitting a pull request¶
- Fork and clone the repository
- Configure and install the dependencies:
go mod download
- Create a new branch:
git checkout -b my-branch-name
- Make your changes
docker buildx bake validate
- Test your code:
docker buildx bake test
- Build the project:
docker buildx bake artifact-all image-all
- Push to your fork and submit a pull request
- Pat your self on the back and wait for your pull request to be reviewed and merged.
Here are a few things you can do that will increase the likelihood of your pull request being accepted:
- Make sure the
README.mdand any other relevant documentation are kept up-to-date.
- I try to follow SemVer v2.0.0. Randomly breaking public APIs is not an option.
- Keep your change as focused as possible. If there are multiple changes you would like to make that are not dependent upon each other, consider submitting them as separate pull requests.
- Write a good commit message.
If you want to contribute to the documentation you can test its rendering locally with the following commands:
# Build mkdocs image docker build -t mkdocs -f ./hack/docs.Dockerfile --target base . # Run mkdocs image and watch for changes docker run --rm -it -p 8000:8000 -v $(pwd):/docs mkdocs # Open http://localhost:8000 on your browser
Created: 2020-06-19 22:47:17